Are you creative and classify yourself as artistic? Do you excel in drawing, painting, glassblowing, photography, or graphic design? Have you been searching for a career path that would support you and fulfill your creative aspirations? If so, you should consider Hocking College's Art & Design degree program.
What Does It Take to Be in the Program?
Students who want to enroll and be successful at this program need the following qualities and skills:
- Computer skills
- Desire to push boundaries
- Open perspective
- Communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Organizational skills
What Will the Job Prospects Look Like?
Graduates who obtain their Associate of Applied Business in Art & Design will be qualified to fill the following positions:
- Marketing Assistant
- Graphic Designer
- Gallery Associate
- Junior Art Director
- Studio Assistant
- Regional Art Business Manager
What Other Perks Does this Program Offer?
Students who decide to pursue this degree at Hocking College will also have the following benefits:
- A degree that's attainable in only two years
- A small class size which allows students more one-on-one time with the instructor
- Glassblowing classes that are hard to come by in Ohio
- Networking opportunities with other working artisans and art organizations
- Knowledge of the business side of the art world, including how to handle taxes, permits, pricing, and distribution
- Participation in a senior exhibition show
To find out more information about Hocking College’s Art & Design degree program, contact Whitney Goller by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (740) 753-6425.