Since March is National Community College Month, now is the ideal time to recognize those students who choose to attend a two-year school like Hocking College over a traditional four-year college.
So, if you’re a community college student the following are 12 reasons why your choice to pursue a certificate program or associate’s degree is something to celebrate:
- In case you were a slacker in high school, making the choice to attend community college gives you the ideal chance to buckle down and redeem yourself-as well as your GPA.
- Choosing a two-year school over a four-year one gives you the option to pursue either a professional certificate or associate’s degree program.
- By choosing to attend community college you made it possible for you to further your education without having to move away from your family/friends and the city and state you reside in.
- You have saved yourself thousands of dollars that would have had to be spent on food, rent, utilities and travel expenses had you decided to attend a four-year school out-of-state.
- Since community college classes are traditionally smaller you’ll have more opportunities to ask questions, participate in discussions, and get more one-on-one time with your instructors in all your classes.
- When you do graduate, the skills and knowledge you have acquired have prepared you to immediately enter the job market.
- Once you obtain your associate’s degree who have the potential to double your pre-degree earnings.
- Regardless of how complicated your life is, community colleges offer you the chance to work out a class schedule that can accommodate even the most hectic of life and work schedules
- If you decide to pursue a bachelor’s degree, the college credits you’ve accumulated will make it possible for you to graduate much sooner.
- You’re part of a unique-and extremely diverse-community that includes non-traditional students as well as people from different backgrounds, cultures and countries.
- Community colleges offers you all the benefits of a major four-year school-from a financial aid office and counseling services to free WIFI.
- Your student status officially puts you in same league with Apple Computer founder Steve Jobs, “The Joy Luck Club” author Amy Tan and Oscar winners Halle Berry and Clint Eastwood-all of whom attended community college.
ABOUT HOCKING COLLEGE
Hocking College in Nelsonville, Ohio offers more than 50 job-ready, degree and certificate programs in the following areas:
- Allied Health & Nursing
- Arts, Business & Science
- Natural Resources
- Public Safety Services
- Workforce Development
At Hocking College, students learn in an inclusive atmosphere that focuses on developing mind,