If your dream is to one day become a small business owner, rest assured that over the course of your career you’re going to have to make many decisions that could ultimately help decide if your venture succeeds or fails.
However, one thing you can do to achieve and maintain your success is to pay close attention to upcoming business-oriented trends that have the ability to increase your sales.
This very subject was explored in an article that appeared back in July 2018 on the website Fast Inc Now. The article 'Business Trends that will Reshape Your World in 2019' focused around upcoming technology-based trends that are projected to shake-up the entire business community in the new year.
According to the article, some things advanced technology can offer a business in the coming year are:
- Established business leaders will be less hesitant about listening to the pitches of novice entrepreneurs.
- More industrial giants will depend on technology to drive their companies into the future.
- More sophisticated and streamlined human and machine interface will have the potential to draw in more customers.
- Advanced and sophisticated interfaces will blur barriers that once separated companies from their employees.
This article also predicted that the following marketing strategies will become the top five (5) business trends in 2019.
- Using more interactive artificial intelligence. This technology will enhance human interface which will make the customer's interactive experience more appealing and pleasurable. This will also allow a business to customize their content delivery to appeal to specific customers.
- Choosing live interactions over social media interactions. Since live video is far more engaging than recorded video, more companies will be using this technology to bond with their customers. Social media interactions can also help companies promote brand loyalty and conduct more inclusive and engaging business conferences.
- Gaining momentum through live streaming. Unlike standard and generic marketing approaches, video-based campaigns are more engaging and satisfy the customer’s need for interaction. More importantly, live streaming also gives an otherwise impersonal company a face and persona that customers can connect with.
- Implementing blockchains. According to the website Investopedia, a blockchain is “a digitized, decentralized, public ledger of all cryptocurrency transactions.” Blockchain technologies will also allow the manner in which digital transactions are currently made to become more efficient and transparent.
- More emphasis on serving both community and buyers. In order to meet the demands of techno-savvy customers, more companies need to establish zero trust networks. According to the company Virtru, “a zero trust network treats all traffic as untrusted, restricting access to secure business data and sensitive resources as much as possible to reduce the risk and mitigate the damage of breaches.” The job of these networks is to develop a responsive digital culture that benefits both shareholders and stakeholders.
Where Can I Get the Education or Training I Need to Become a Business Professional?
If you have aspirations of one day becoming a small business owner, perhaps you should consider enrolling in Hocking College’s Business Management & Entrepreneurship program. In only four semesters, you could graduate with an Associate of Applied Business in Business Management & Entrepreneurship degree.
For more information on this program, contact Business Management & Entrepreneurship Program Manager, Micah Covert, by email at email@example.com or by phone at (740) 753-7213.