Are you a high school senior who's ready to move out on your own after graduation and would like to continue your education, but have no interest in attending a four-year college? Has your search for a good technical college in your area left you discouraged? Is the only thing holding you back from attending a two-year college in another state the prospect of you having to pay thousands of extra dollars in out-of-state-tuition?
If this sounds like you, then perhaps you should consider enrolling at Hocking College in Nelsonville, Ohio. Starting in Fall 2018, out-of-state students can take advantage of Hocking College’s new Border States’ Scholarship Program.
How Does This Program Work?
Currently at Hocking College, out-of-state students pay $4,390 in tuition fees per semester. Starting in Autumn 2018, students who live in Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Pennsylvania, and West Virginia will be eligible for a $1,695 scholarship per semester that will reduce their tuition to $2,695. However, applicants should be aware that this amount does not reflect the cost of the books and supplies, course fees, housing, and a meal plan.
Students who plan to apply for Hocking College’s Bordering States’ Scholarship must meet the following requirements:
- Students need to provide proof of residing in one of Ohio's bordering states: Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Pennsylvania, and West Virginia.
- Hocking College’s Bordering States’ Scholarship will be awarded on a first-come, first-serve basis so students should fill out all the necessary paperwork as soon as possible.
- Students must be enrolled at Hocking College on a full-time basis, or 12+ credit hour classes (usually 4 classes or more – depending on the program).
How Do I Apply?
Students who would like to attend Hocking College and apply for the Bordering States’ Scholarship need to complete the following tasks:
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) package
- Complete the Hocking College online registration forms
- Enroll in 12 or more credit hour classes
- Show proof of border state residency
- Live in one of Hocking's dormitories
- Enroll in a meal plan
More Reasons to Consider Hocking College
In addition to offering students more than 50 programs to choose from, Hocking College is one of the few two-year schools that offers students the full college experience. Some of the benefits of attending Hocking College include the following:
- Hocking College is the only two-year college in Ohio that offers students a complete college experience.
- The Hocking College Police Department is on duty 24/7, 365 days a year.
- Hocking College’s Student Center comes complete with an indoor track, swimming pool, and a rock climbing wall.
- Students who maintain a satisfactory GPA can join Hocking College’s chapter of the Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society.
- Students have the chance to join a variety of different clubs.
- Athletic-minded students can take part in Hocking College’s athletics, including our award-winning archery team.
- Hocking is also the only two-year college in Ohio that offers on-campus residential dormitories and meal plans.
- Hocking College has a long-established history of dedicating itself to transforming the economics of Southeast Ohio.
- Our smaller class sizes can provide students more one-on-one time with their instructors.
- Students will be able to receive the essential hands-on work experience they need to secure a job.
- Students are encouraged to think entrepreneurially, and are provided the tools they need to consider going into business for themselves.
- Immediately after their graduation, students will be able to leave Hocking College with the training, skills, and confidence they need to successfully enter the job market.