The statement below is in regards to Campus Employment:
We are continuing to monitor the coronavirus situation very closely. We will continue to keep you informed and notify you immediately as we receive information. At this time, we are aware of no cases in SE Ohio and we want to exercise precautions to keep it that way. Therefore, we are moving more employees remotely.
Effective Friday, March 20, 2020 – all employees will work remotely, UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE, except for essential personnel.
We know this is a very disruptive time for everyone. We ask that you continue to remain flexible and we will continue to provide information as we charter our way through these unprecedented times. These changes are being implemented with the safety of our campus community as our top priority while minimizing any disruption to the academic progression of our students.
If you have any questions, please contact the lead for our Emergency Management Team, Jacqueline C. Hagerott, Vice President, Student Affairs & Campus Relations at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Directions for Hocking College Employees
Full-time Faculty and Staff
- All full time employees will continue to get paid.
- During regular business hours, Monday – Friday from 8 am – 5 pm, employees are expected:
- Check your voicemail,
- Return phone calls daily, and
- Respond to your email daily.
- Contact your supervisor with questions.
- Update your voicemail per the instructions sent to you via email this afternoon. This can be completed remotely.
- If you are sick and cannot work, or if you choose not to work, leave policies apply. Continue to inform HR of your intentions and contact them with questions.
- Part-time employees that have been asked to work will continue to get paid for the hours worked.
- Part-time employees that have NOT been asked to work will receive an email with information regarding their pay. Our intention is to continue some level of compensation.
ALL student employment is suspended, until further notice, except:
- Peer Tutors
- Campus Safety Officers (CSOs)
- Barn / Fish Hatchery
- Resident Assistants (RAs) that are already living on campus. RAs that are not currently on campus are NOT allowed to return to campus.
As we reminder, please continue to follow CDC Prevention Protocol (see below) including:
- Clean your hands often
- Avoid closed contact (practice social distancing)
- STAY HOME if you (or someone in your household) is sick – call HR
- Clean and disinfect – supplies are limited so please share
We encourage you to practice social distancing and other prevention protocol per CDC Guidelines which include:
Clean your hands often
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds especially after you have been in a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. Cover all surfaces of your hands and rub them together until they feel dry.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
Avoid close contact
Avoid close contact with people who are sick and put distance between yourself and other people if COVID-19 is spreading in your community. This is especially important for people who are at higher risk of getting very sick.
Stay home if you’re sick
Stay home if you are sick, except to get medical care. Learn what to do if you are sick.
Clean and disinfectClean AND disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily. This includes tables, doorknobs, light switches, countertops, handles, desks, phones, keyboards, toilets, faucets, and sinks.
If surfaces are dirty, clean them: Use detergent or soap and water prior to disinfection.
For additional details, please visit the CDC's website by clicking here.
Hocking College is dedicated to promoting the health, safety and well-being of our student and employee populations. In support of that goal, we are releasing this information bulletin to inform you of the actions we are taking to assess, prevent, protect and respond to the coronavirus.
Thank you all for your flexibility and cooperation while we work together as a community to create a safe environment in response to this rapidly changing matter.