The statement below is in regards to Students Living in the Dorms:
Hocking College Dorm Residents:
I hope your classes are going well for you. Please let me know if you are having challenges. Our primary goals are your safety and keeping you on track academically. Ohio’s Stay at Home Order has greatly influenced your move-out process for Spring semester. The decision about how to handle your personal effects left in the dorms is in your hands.
Please provide the College with guidance as to how you want us to handle your dorm belongings by completing the online form found HERE by April 15, 2020, 5:00 pm.
The information below will provide you with answers regarding your courses and financial determinations.
Spring 2020 – Courses
- All courses will continue online for Spring 2020 with a few exceptions for courses where a field experience has been deemed necessary.
- Courses requiring field experience that are not able to be delivered on-campus due to the Stay at Home Order are scheduled to be completed on-campus July 6-31, 2020.
- Courses that require field experience will be released via email separately so continue to check your Hocking College email and contact your advisors with questions.
- This revised schedule does not have any negative impact on your financial aid.
Spring 2020 Dorms – Room/Meal Financial Determinations
Depending on your status (graduating SP2020/not graduating), you will receive either a refund or credit on your account. You will receive an individual letter that includes the amount of your refund or credit based on the following:
- Students graduating Spring 2020 – will receive a refund (minus any outstanding balance) upon graduation for your room and meals.
- Students that are not graduating Spring 2020 – will receive a credit (minus any outstanding balance) on your account for room and meals for the 2020-2021 academic year to be used for tuition, room, board, and/or fees.
- Amount of refund - will be equivalent to 8-weeks, or your last day in the dorm, whichever is less (minus any outstanding balance).
Summer 2020 Courses
- All courses for Summer 2020 will be delivered online except for courses where field experience has been deemed necessary.
- SU2020 Courses that require field experience will be released via email separately so continue to check your Hocking College email and contact your advisors with questions. Contact your advisor with questions.
Summer 2020 Dorm Eligibility
Summer 2020 dorms will be limited to students who are taking courses that require field experience to be completed on campus and students in the Summer Internship Program (contingent upon state orders). You will receive a separate email that includes the application process for the Summer Internship Program which will be contingent upon State Orders.
Fall 2020 Courses and Dorms
We are planning to begin with the regular calendar as scheduled. The executive team is doing scenario planning if an alternative is needed.
Hocking College is dedicated to promoting the health, safety and well-being of our student and employee populations. In support of that goal, we are releasing this information bulletin to inform you of the actions we are taking to assess, prevent, protect and respond to the coronavirus.
Thank you all for your flexibility and cooperation while we work together as a community to create a safe environment in response to this rapidly changing matter.