The statement below is in regards to Students Staying on Track for Graduation:
Welcome back from Hocking College’s extended Spring Break. Courses resume online, Monday, March 23, 2020. Our #1 goal is your health and safety and our #2 goal is to continue your progress to complete your educational goals as you prepare for life beyond this health emergency.
Hocking College is dedicated to our students and wants to minimize any disruptions or delays in your plans to graduate. In light of recent developments concerning COVID-19 in Ohio and based on guidance from Gov. Mike DeWine’s office, beginning March 23, 2020, all courses will be offered online as described in our previous communications.
The purpose of this correspondence is to provide the best guidance and resources available to keep you on track to graduate and maintain eligibility for financial aid.
The following offices are open Monday - Friday from 8 a.m.-5 p.m. to serve you:
Academic Success Center Varies by Department. Please see below.
You have the power to stop COVID-19 from impacting your progress and financial aid. The benefits of maintaining your active enrollment status mean you will:
- Avoid having to return aid you recently received.
- Stay on track to graduate.
- Have access to support resources from our Academic Success Center (details below).
What You Need to Know:
- The second half of federal loans have been processed based on your current enrollment status. Any changes could result in you having to return aid you recently received.
- Failure to continue your studies may require you to return funds.
- Financial aid will continue to be processed based on your eligibility and enrollment status for the Spring 2020 semester.
- The Financial Aid Office will continue to review FAFSA applications, documents and appeals for Spring 2020. Documents can be submitted by mail or as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What You Should Do:
- If you are considering making any changes to your current Spring 2020 schedule contact the Registrar at email@example.com or 740-753-7042.
- Continue to monitor the Financial Aid Self Service Portal for updates to your financial aid status. For more answers about financial aid, please visit FATV Get Answers at hocking.financialaidtv.com or contact our Financial Aid Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 740-753-7061.
Academic Success Center
The Academic Success Center is available, Monday - Friday from 8 a.m.-5 p.m., in person and online (by appointment only). See directions below. Resources available to keep you on track to graduate include:
Accessibility Resources Office
Students requesting academic accommodations due to disability should contact Erin Bowald at email@example.com.
The Testing Center will continue to proctor all scheduled certification tests (TEAS, HESI, ACE, NHA). For information or an appointment, contact Roger Barrows at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hocking College Tutoring
Educational Specialists are available to provide tutoring and assistance with all general study courses. Peer tutors are also available to assist with many of the technical courses offered at Hocking College.
Ohio E-Tutoring Collaborative
Students can also receive free tutoring through the Ohio E-tutoring Collaborative. To access this resource, click here.
If you forgot your password, click on “Forgot Password?” If you have not set up an account, click on “Need an Account”. Still having trouble logging in? Please contact your Campus eTutoring Coordinator at email@example.com.
The Ohio E-tutoring Collaborative provides tutoring in the following subjects:
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Computer Programing 1 & 2
- Computer Science
- Digital Literacy
- Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Word
You will receive instructions via Hocking College email this week on how to complete your courses beginning March 23, 2020. Please continue to check your Hocking College email. This information will also be posted at info.hocking.edu/coronavirus.
Hocking College is dedicated to promoting the health, safety and well-being of our student and employee populations. In support of that goal, we are releasing this information bulletin to inform you of the actions we are taking to assess, prevent, protect and respond to the coronavirus.
Thank you all for your flexibility and cooperation while we work together as a community to create a safe environment in response to this rapidly changing matter.