Fremont Ohio - The Hocking College men’s basketball team (9-2, 1-1) traveled to Terra State (3-4,0-1) and came away with 76-69 road conference win. Terra State is in the NJCAA Division ll while Hocking is a Division lll member and both schools are conference members in the Ohio Community College Athletic Conference (OCCAC).
The Hawks placed four players in double figures led by sophomore guard Miekuann Knight, who came off the bench to score 19 points on 8-of-14 shooting, going 3-of-7 from behind the arch. Knight also recorded six rebounds and a block. Freshman forward D’Angelo Lake added 14 points off the bench on 5-of-10 shooting. Lake record a team-high 11 rebounds with six on the offensive glass. Starters, freshman point guard Landon Springer and freshman forward Ryan Archey, Jr., each added 12 and 11 points, respectively. Springer added 10 rebounds and a game-high seven assists.
As a team, Hocking shot 29-of-76 (38.2%) from the field and hit six three pointers. The Hawks hit 12-of-31 (57.1%) from the free throw line. The Hawks out-rebounded Terra State, 52 to 37, and forced 16 turnovers.
Hocking College currently ranks at the top of the conference and ranked in the Top 15 in several national statistical categories in NJCAA, Division III (105 schools).
- 1st in conference in points per game 97.0 (scoring about 10 more points than the second place team)
- 1st in conference in field goals made with 422-853 (49.5%) - made almost 80 more shots then the second place team in the same amount of games.
- 3rd in conference in three pointers made 79-235 (33.6%)
- 1st in conference in offensive rebounds 20.1
- 2nd in conference in defensive rebounds 30.2
- 1st in conference in total rebounds 50.3
- 3rd in conference in assists 17.3
- 1st in conference in steals 12.1
- 2nd in conference in total rebound margin +19.2
- 1st in conference in forced turnovers 20.0
- 3rd in the country in points per game with 97.0
- 2nd in the country in field goals made per game 38.4
- 11th in the country in field goal percentage with 49.5%
- 2nd in the country in offensive rebounds per game with 20.1
- 5th in the country in total rebounds per game with 50.3
- 12th in the country in steals per game with 12.1
- 10th in the country in total rebound margin with +19.2
Hocking will travel to Largo, MD for the Anne Arundel Holiday Tournament on December 19-20 and will face both Anne Arundel Community College and Prince George's Community College. The Anne Arundel game can be seen on the AACC Athletics Youtube page, while the Prince George game will have live stats link on the NJCAA website. Hocking women’s teams will also be participating in the women’s Anne Arundel Holiday Tournament.
Hocking College Athletics