Nelsonville, OH -- As the fall semester comes to a close, the Hocking College Hawks men’s basketball team is still rolling along with a record of 8-2 and ranked in the Top 10 in six national statistical categories in NJCAA, Division III (105 schools):
Hocking College currently ranks:
- 3rd in the country in points per game with 98.79.1 PPG;
- 3rd in the country in offensive rebounds per game with 19.8;
- 6th in the country in total rebounds per game with 49.7;
- 7th in the country in field goal percentage with 50.2%;
- 8th in the country in steals per game with 13.
- 10th in the country in total rebound margin with +19 RPG.
Most recently, Hocking traveled to Lancaster and defeated Ohio U-Lancaster, 103-83. Lancaster led, 74-71, in the second half before the Hawks turned on the after-burners and outscored the hosts, 32-9, to close out the game.
Freshman guard Ryan Archey, Jr., accounted for a game-high 27 points, including 17 in the big second half. Archey was supported by three others in double-figures. Sophomore guard Donovan Saine scored 17 points, while freshman forward Jeron Tinsley added 15 and sophomore forward Elias Revelle chipped in with 13 more.
The Hawks led at halftime, 47-42, before Lancaster rallied with a run of 32-24 to take a 74-71 lead.
The 8-2 start this season is the best start in the five-year history of the young program.
Hocking will travel to Terra State in Fremont, OH, for a 3 p.m. tipoff. The Lady Hawks (0-3) play Terra State at 1 p.m.