If your goal is to one day become a small business owner, then you need to learn about the importance of trends and how they could affect your future business decisions.
What Trends Will Be Influencing the Business World in 2019?
In this piece, Pilon suggests that, “every year, small businesses need to look back and determine what worked for their business and what strategies may need to be adjusted for the coming year.” However, she adds that it’s never too early for business owners to start preparing for and responding to upcoming industry trends.
Pilon advises small business owners who want to stay on top of the latest trends to take the following actions:
- Adjust your marketing strategy to the loss of Google+. The impending loss of Google+ in 2019 has the capacity to impact the entire business community. Therefore, small business owners might need to rethink their current marketing strategies to compensate for this loss.
- Identify upcoming content marketing trends. Rethinking and adjusting the content you use in marketing campaigns to coincide with consumer trends could have a positive impact on your business.
- Use more voice activated technology. Using voice assistants and other voice activated technology could make your online customers' shopping experience more engaging.
- Solve podcasting pain points. For business owners who do a regular podcast, learning how to simplify your posting process could attract more customers and assist you in doing podcasts more frequently.
- Measure the effectiveness of Facebook ads. Utilizing Facebook to measure the impact of your advertising campaigns will help you keep track of this data and receive an impressive ROI.
- Search franchise opportunities online. If you want to buy into a franchise, you’ll need to do plenty of research and pay close attention to franchise-based websites.
- Use mobile apps to improve the quality of photos. Having the right mobile apps can help improve the quality of the pictures on your website.
- Explore shared workspace options. These are membership-based workspaces where diverse groups of freelancers, remote workers, and other independent professionals work together in a shared, communal setting. Shared workspaces have been shown to help employees thrive and increase their level of productivity.
- Enhance Instagram post conversions. Improving your conversion techniques could have a huge impact on the responses you get from your business-related Instagram posts.
- Stay on top of technology trends. If you’re in the retail business, exploring how the latest technology could help increase your sales will be essential to the survival of your business.
Where Can I Get the Training I Need to Become a Business Professional?
If you have aspirations of one day becoming a small business owner, perhaps you should consider enrolling in Hocking College’s Business & Entrepreneurship program. In only four semesters, you could graduate with an Associate of Applied Business in Business Management & Entrepreneurship degree.
For more information on this program, please contact Business & Entrepreneurship Program Manager, LaDora Ousley, at email@example.com or (740) 753-7062.