Since October 1992, the Hocking College Foundation has remained a not-for-profit 501(c)(3) corporation. Their ongoing mission is to “develop a culture of philanthropy to meet the resource needs of Hocking College in its pursuit of excellence in education and the advancement of economic development, workforce development, and the quality of life for the communities it serves.”
What Does the Hocking College Foundation Do?
The Hocking College Foundation develops a broad base of individual, corporate and foundation support for Hocking College. They provide Hocking College students with scholarships and encourage alumni and donor engagement. They also develop fundraising efforts within the private sectors, as well as work with the community to develop programs.
What Are Some Things Others May Not Know About
the Hocking College Foundation?
The Foundation is a 501(c)(3) organization which may provide tax benefits to donors. They help administer and award many scholarships each year to Hocking College students and focus on helping the College meet its resource needs through philanthropy.
The Foundation also hosts several events each year, including a Spring Gala and the College's Homecoming.
How Can Someone Make a Donation to the Foundation?
Those interested in giving back to the Hocking College Foundation can do so in seven (7) ways.
- Cash & check donations. Make a check out to the Hocking College Foundation. You can designate the gift in the memo line and mail it to the Hocking College Foundation at P.O. Box 405 Nelsonville, OH 45764.
- Credit card or reoccurring gift. Those interested in making a donation through a credit card or in the form of a reoccurring gift can do so by calling (740) 753-6565.
- Online gifts. You can make a one-time or reoccurring gift by filling out this online form.
- Planned giving. A planned gift allows you to make charitable gifts, continue to meet your current income needs, and take advantage of current tax incentives.
- Start or donate to a scholarship. You can contact the Hocking College Foundation to find out more information about creating a scholarship to support students at the College.
- Matching gifts. Many companies offer programs to encourage employees to contribute to charitable organizations, and some even match your gifts after you retire. Talk to your Human Resources Department to see if your company will match your gift to the Foundation.
- Shopping on Amazon. Do you shop on Amazon? When you shop through AmazonSmile, 0.5% of your eligible purchases are donated to the Hocking College Foundation. Visit AmazonSmile and select Hocking College Foundation as your charity to support.
Are There Other Ways to Donate to the Foundation?
Yes! There are several ways you can donate to the Foundation such as naming Hocking College in your will or as the beneficiary of your retirement/pension plan. You can also donate your appreciated stocks, bonds, or mutual funds to the College. If you’re 70 or older, you can make a gift from your IRA to the College. Lastly, you can donate real estate or artwork which can then be deducted from your income tax and possibly reduce your estate taxes in the future.