Stuart's Opera House is calling for poetry submissions to be considered for their forthcoming publication, Nelsonville from A to Z. This publication is a project to benefit Stuart's Opera House Arts Education Program, a yearly program with the goal being to offer an affordable, broad-based program in the performing arts to Nelsonville and the surrounding communities.
What is Nelsonville From A to Z?
Nelsonville from A to Z will be an alphabetized picture book in which each letter will represent a place in and around Nelsonville, Ohio. Each page will feature the following:
- A letter from the alphabet
- The name of the place the letter represents
- A brief description of the place
- An original watercolor illustration done by local artist, Hannah Sickles
- A short poem inspired by the the place
What Are the Guidelines to Submit a Poem?
If you're interested in submitting a poem, you must adhere to several guidelines. Those guidelines are the following:
- The poem should be related to one of the places named in the alphabet book. It's not required that the poem describe the place itself; however, it can. The poem can also deal with your feelings about the place, the history of the place, how area residents react to the place, and so on.
- Poems can be in any format, including rhymed or unrhymed.
- Poems must be no more than 20 lines long.
- Participants can submit more than one poem.
- Poems must be submitted by February 28, 2019.
What Happens If A Poem I Submit Is Selected?
There is no monetary reward if your poem is selected; however, all poets whose work appears in the book will be listed on the contributors’ page.
How Do I Submit My Poem(s)?
Those interested in submitting their poem(s) can do so by sending them to editor Celeste Parsons by email at email@example.com, or by sending in a hard copy to the address below:
15085 Wolfe-Bennett Road
Nelsonville, OH 45764