Nowadays the job market becomes more and more competitive every passing second. This puts the pressure on job seekers to do whatever they can to set themselves apart from their competition. But what can a recent college graduate do to make themselves stand out in a virtual sea of job applicants? The easiest ways they can accomplish this is by obtaining a specific, job-related certification.
What Are Certifications?
Certifications are official documents which signify that the holder is capable of performing specific job-related tasks. These documents are the end result of students completing a certification program. Such programs are under the supervision of professional agencies. The purpose of these programs is to teach students how to gain a specialized skill that will help them move forward in their careers.
How Many Types Of Certifications Are There?
Regardless if you’re getting your degree in business, healthcare, hospitality, natural resources or computer sciences, every career path offers opportunities for employees to receive a multitude of additional professional certificates.
What Are The Advantages of Getting Certifications?
Obtaining certifications can be beneficial to college graduates for the following reasons:
- They can be obtained in a relatively short period of time.
- They can be obtained in a traditional classroom setting or online.
- Getting a certification can help employees keep themselves up-to-date on advancements in their field.
- Pursing certifications can be a great networking opportunity.
- It helps employees meet certain industry standards.
- It inspires employees to become more proficient at their jobs.
- Certifications can help employees meet certain state and national licensing requirements.
- Gaining specific certifications can help employees reinforce their job security.
- Having certifications can help inspire confidence in potential clients.
- It makes employees more marketable.
- Having additional certifications can help employees expand their career horizons.
- The act of pursing a certification illustrates to an employer that an employee is not afraid to take on a professional challenge.
- It can help boost an employee’s salary.
- An employee’s willingness to obtain certifications can be seen by their employer as them being dedicated to their job.
- Having employees with certifications gives a business an edge over their competitors.
- Obtaining certifications can boost an employee’s self confidence.
- Employees who have earned specific certifications can mentor other fellow employees to follow their example.
Hocking College offers a wide variety of career-specific certificates. Anyone interested in learning more about those certificate programs can contact our Admissions Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.