Are you looking for an important, in-demand career that will provide you the flexibility and freedom to work from home? If this appeals to you, then you should consider getting a degree in Healthcare Informatics from Hocking College.
Since Fall 2019, the entire curriculum for this program has been offered totally online!
What do Health Information Management technicians do?
Health Information Management technicians take documented, or spoken, patient information and transcribe it into a digital format. These professionals also coordinate, store and maintain computerized medical records. Their efforts help doctors, patients, hospitals and insurance companies work together more efficiently and effectively.
How Can I Enter This Field?
Hocking College in Nelsonville, Ohio, offers an Associate of Applied Science in Healthcare Informatics degree program. Applicants can receive the hands-on training they need to go from student to graduate in only two years!
What Skills Will I Learn in This Program?
Students who enroll in Hocking College’s Associate of Applied Science in Healthcare Informatics degree program will learn the following skills:
- How to use classification software
- How to protect the confidentiality of each patient
- How to electronically record data
- How to use patient information to predict future vaccination dates
- How to organize digital data
- How to retrieve data
- How to review records for timeliness and accuracy
- How to assign clinical codes for insurance reimbursement
What are the Benefits of Enrolling at Hocking College?
Students who decide to enroll in Hocking College’s Associate of Applied Science in Healthcare Informatics degree program get the following advantages:
- Hocking College’s HIM program has professional partnerships with Fairfield Medical Center, Holzer Health Systems and Camden Clark Medical Center.
- Hocking College is a Health Information Management Systems Society (HIMSS) Approved Education Partner.
- Students will learn about the latest technological advancements in the HIM industry.
- Students will gain the hands-on training they need to succeed in the field.
- Graduates will leave Hocking College prepared to take the Commission on Accreditation for Certified Associate in Health Information Systems (CAHIM) certification exam.
How is the CAHIMS credential different from the AHIM CAHIM certificate?
- The CAHIMS credential demonstrates professional knowledge in healthcare information and management systems to potential and current employers.
- This credential establishes a solid foundation that will give you an advantage as you strengthen your abilities, acquire more experience and advance your career path.