Are you a single parent with a hectic schedule who doesn’t have the time to pursue a bachelor’s degree? Are you in a profession that requires you to have more than an associate degree, but you can’t afford to relocate to a city with a 4-year school? Are you thinking of transferring to a 4-year school and concerned about whether or not your credits will transfer?
If any of these scenarios applies to you, then perhaps you should look into Hocking College’s partnership agreement with Franklin University. Students will able to get their bachelor’s degree in a "3+1" format. This will allow students to complete their third year of their bachelor’s degree at a community college tuition rate and only 30 semester hours (residency requirements) at Franklin University. Either can be done online or in person.
What Can You Tell Me About Franklin University?
Founded in 1902, Franklin University is a 4-year non-profit, private school that specializes in helping non-traditional students realize their academic aspirations. Presently, this institution has partnerships with 230 other community colleges and has over 45,000 alumni scattered throughout the globe.
What is the "3+1" Partnership Agreement?
Specifically, a "3+1" partnership agreement involves a 2-year school forming a mutually beneficial partnership with a 4-year institution. Primarily these relationships provide associate degree holders with opportunities to earn their bachelor’s degree at a 4-year school, saving them time, money and working around their needs.
How Do "3+1" Partnerships Work?
- Students obtain their associate degree from Hocking College.
- After graduation, students transfer to Franklin University.
- A Franklin University representative will assist students with their admissions/financial aid steps in order to get accepted and registered for their first semester at Franklin University. Students will complete their third and fourth year of their bachelor’s degree consecutively, taking classes at Hocking College and Franklin University, all at the same time.
What Steps Do You Need to Take to See If You Qualify?
- Fill out a free online Undergraduate Application to Franklin University on their website.
- Send all your official college transcripts to the following address:
Franklin University Transfer Office
201 S. Grant Avenue,
Columbus, OH 43215
- Fill out the FAFSA for the academic year you will be attending, listing Franklin University’s school code which is 003046.
- Once your official college transcripts have been received, it can take 2-3 weeks for evaluation. An email will be sent after the evaluation process is complete and a Franklin University representative will reach out to you in regards to next steps.
- Once accepted, you will register with a Franklin University representative either face-to-face at the Hocking College campus or via phone to pick out your first term classes. After registration, you will be assigned an Academic Advisor at Franklin University to help you stay on track and register for future terms.
Are There Any Other Advantages to a "3+1" Partnership Agreement?
- Students will save money by attending their first three years of their bachelor’s degree at a community college before completing their last year at the university tuition cost.
- Students won’t need to seek out, or apply to, a variety of other 4-year schools to further their education.
- Students won’t be required to relocate to another city or state to pursue their bachelor’s degree. They can complete it in the comfort of their home or in an engaging educational environment.
- Each student’s degree path will clearly be defined for them.
- Both colleges will work together to make sure each student’s credits are transferable.
- Non-traditional students at Hocking College will have a more flexible route towards obtaining a bachelor’s degree.