Take control of your health this summer and try something new by taking a group fitness class offered at the Hocking College Student Center gym.
What Are The Different Classes?
There are two types of fitness classes available, which are full body circuit training and group strength training.
- Full body circuit training: This class targets fat loss and endurance.
- Group strength training: This class aims to increase overall strength and endurance.
Designed to teach participants a proper way to exercise their bodies, group fitness classes start with 15 minutes of warm-ups, 30 minutes of exercise with work/rest cycles, and ends with 10 minutes of cool-down. This class structure teaches people the benefits of including warming up and cooling down into their workout routines. These advantages include better heart health, increased results, less injuries, and an overall feeling of a successful workout.
What Are The Benefits of Participating in These Classes?
Group fitness classes have many rewarding benefits, including:
- Social opportunities. Group workouts gives you the opportunity to make new friends with like-minded people who want to reach similar goals.
- Motivation. Most of the time, people start new workouts with an ultimate goal in mind just to drop the workout in a few short weeks. Group fitness classes create a sense of team. Each member motivates others to push themselves and explore their limits.
- Variety. In each session, new workouts are introduced and create a variety of different workout combinations that members can use in their future health pursuits. Different workouts also target different muscle groups throughout the body and help improve overall heath and results. Working different parts of the body also helps to decrease the risk of injuries.
- Balance. Instructors take on the duty of creating a successful and effective workout so that you don’t have to. This takes away the anxiety and guessing game that many face when wanting to workout.
- Form. Professionals also teach classes to make sure that your form is correct. Correct form is important when working out to avoid becoming injured.
- Confidence. After finishing a group fitness class, your confidence may increase knowing that you successfully completed a class, made new friends, and improved your health at the same time. Be proud of yourself!
When Are The Classes & Are There Any Requirements?
The full body circuit classes will be held from 5:45PM — 7PM on Tuesdays on the following dates:
- June 26
- July 3
- July 10
- July 24
- July 31
The group strength training classes will be held from 5:45PM — 7PM on Thursdays on the following dates:
- June 28
- July 5
- July 12
- July 26
- August 2
All classes are $5 and are open to anyone who's 16-years-old or older. All strength levels are also welcome. Those interested in participating in a class should bring a cold bottle of water, tennis shoes, and a towel.