Thanks to music streaming services, music lovers now have access to their favorite tunes from their favorite artists anywhere, anytime 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
What Are the Best Streaming Services?
According to a 2018 article in Consumer Reports, the following are some of the best streaming services.
- Amazon Music Unlimited & Prime Music: Developed to accommodate Amazon Prime Customers, this service costs $13 per month and gives subscribers access to millions of songs to choose from.
- Apple Music: This service offers subscribers a three-month free trial period, is geared for customers who are committed to Apple products, and currently has a library of over 45 million songs.
- YouTube Music: Subscribers can choose between YouTube Music’s free tier and their premium tier, which costs $10 per month. Both tiers are designed for Google users who prefer listening to music and videos on YouTube.
- Spotify: This service comes free with ads; however, they also offer a premier tier for $10 per month. For $15 per month, one subscriber and up to six of their family members can share a subscription that gives them access to over 35 million songs that users can listen to on a variety of different devices.
- Pandora: Subscribers can stream for free radio with ads or spend $5 per month to get the same service without ads. But for $10 per month, customers can get ad-free streaming radio and have access to Pandora’s on-demand library of music. Unlike other streaming services, this one selects the music you’ll be listening to based on your personal preferences.
- Slacker Radio: For $4 per month, subscribers will have access to streaming radio services without ads. They also have the option to get the same service with ads for free. Some of the stations they’ll be able to listen to are ABC News and ESPN Radio.
- Tidal: This service offers subscribers a one-month free trial period. After that they can decide between getting standard audio quality for $10 per month, or high-resolution quality for $20 per month. Tidal also offers special plans for students and members of the military. The company is owned by rapper Jay-Z.
Would You Like to Work in the Music Industry?
If you'd like to pursue a career in the music industry, perhaps you should consider enrolling in Hocking College’s Music Management program. In only four semesters, you could learn about music theory, how to book and promote concerts, ways to obtain a music industry-oriented internship, and graduate with an Associate of Applied Business in Music Management.
For more information on this program, contact the Hocking College Admissions Team at (740) 753-3591 or by email at email@example.com.