Founded in 1902, Franklin University is a non-profit private school that specializes in helping non-traditional students realize their academic aspirations. Presently, this institution has partnerships with 230 other community colleges and has over 45,000 alumni scattered throughout the globe.
In addition to meeting the state of Ohio’s affordable and attainable bachelor’s degree education goals, Franklin University has 230 long-standing partnerships with various community colleges -- including Hocking College.
Presently, Hocking College has several 3 + 1 partnerships with Franklin University that allow students to obtain their bachelor’s degree. These partnerships save students money and time by allowing the student to take the third year of their bachelor’s degree at Hocking College – paying the community college tuition rate:
- Allied Health & Nursing
- Accounting & Financial Services
- Cyber Security
- Web Development
- Addiction Counseling
- Criminal Justice
- Public Safety
What is a 3+1 partnership?
A 3+1 partnership agreement involves a two-year school forming a mutually beneficial partnership with a four-year institution. Primarily these relationships provide associate degree holders with opportunities to earn their bachelor’s degree at a four-year school-saving them time, money, and working around their needs.
Students interested in taking advantage of this 3+1 partnership should take the following steps:
- Students first obtain their associate’s degree from Hocking College.
- After graduation students transfer to Franklin University.
- A Franklin University Representative will assist students with their admissions/financial aid steps in getting accepted and registered for their first semester at Franklin University. Students will complete their third and fourth year of their bachelor’s degree consecutively-taking classes at Hocking College and Franklin University at the same time.
How do I apply to Franklin University?
If you are ready to take advantage of this awesome 3+1 partnership students should complete the following steps:
- Fill out a free online Undergraduate Application to Franklin University by visiting apply.franklin.edu.
- Send all your official college transcripts to the following address: Franklin University Transfer Office, 201 S. Grant Avenue, Columbus, OH 43215. If you’re sending e-transcripts please email them to email@example.com.
- Fill out the FAFSA for the academic year you will be attending-listing Franklin University’s school code of 003046.
- Once your official college transcripts have been received-it can take up to 2-3 weeks for evaluation. An email will be sent after the evaluation process is complete and a Franklin University Representative will reach out to you in regards to the next steps
- Once accepted, you will register with a Franklin University Representative either face-to-face at the Hocking College campus or, via phone, to pick out your first term classes.
- After registration, you will be assigned an Academic Advisor at Franklin University to help you stay on track for degree completion success and future term enrollment
Students who enroll in Franklin University’s 3+1 partnership with Hocking College will be able to experience the following additional advantages:
- Students will save money by attending their first three years of their bachelor’s degree at a community college before completing their last year at the university tuition cost
- Students won’t need to seek out-or apply to-a variety of other four-year schools to further their education
- Students won’t be required to relocate to another city or state to pursue their bachelor’s degree. They can complete it in the comfort of their home or in an engaging educational environment
- Each student’s degree path will be clearly defined for them
- Both colleges will work together to make sure each student’s credits are transferable
- Non-traditional students at Hocking College will have a more flexible route towards obtaining a bachelor’s degree