Do you find yourself shy around others and enjoy spending time to yourself? Or are you outgoing and prefer to spend time with others? Depending on your answer, you may be an introvert or extrovert.
What's the Difference Between An Introvert and Extrovert?
According to famed psychiatrist and founder of analytical psychology, Carl Jung, this question can be answered by examining the following descriptions:
- Introvert: Someone who tends to isolate themselves, likes order and structure, and learns by watching and observing others.
- Extrovert: Someone who's easily influenced by outside stimuli, learns by taking action, and enjoys assuming a leadership role.
What Are Some Additional Personality Traits of Introverts?
Some personality traits of introverts include:
- They enjoy solitude
- They’re guarded
- They have a small group of close friends
- They analyze problems
- Large groups of people drain them of their creativity and energy
- They prefer jobs that allow them to work more independently
What Are Some Additional Personality Traits of Extroverts?
Some personality traits of extroverts include:
- They thrive in chaos-based situations
- They're extremely open and outgoing
- They have a big circle of friends
- They're very approachable
- Large groups of people energize them
- They prefer jobs that place them in charge of people
What Careers Are Best for Introverts?
Some of the best careers for introverts include:
- Animal trainer
- Commercial driver
- Cybersecurity expert
- Database administrator
- Heavy equipment operator
- Medical coder
- Medical lab technician
- Private chef
What Kind of Careers Are Best for Extroverts?
Some of the best careers for extroverts include:
- Construction manager
- Concert promoter
- Corrections officer
- Dental hygienist
- Event planner
- Real estate agent
- Tour guide
Is There a College That Offers These Careers?
Yes! Hocking College in Nelsonville, OH offers over 50 associate degree and certificate programs that would appeal to both introverts and extroverts. These programs fall into the following categories:
- Allied Health & Nursing
- Arts, Business & Science
- Natural Resources
- Public Safety
- Workforce Development
For more information on enrolling, contact the Hocking College Admissions Office by emailing email@example.com or calling (740) 753-7050.