It's currently National Robotics Week (RoboWeek) which involves a series of events and activities during the month of April designed to celebrate the significance of the U.S. robotics industry. This is also an opportunity to recognize the tremendous social and cultural impact robotics has made on our society.
What’s the Goal of Robotics Week?
During April 6-14, the goal is to inspire students enrolled in science, technology, engineering and mathematics programs to explore the many purposes of the robotics industry.
What Are Some of the Purposes of National Robotics Week?
There are many purposes to this week, which includes recognizing the U.S. as a leader in the development of robotics technology. It's also a time to educate the public about the impact robotics will have on the future.
In addition, this is a great time to motivate students of all ages to pursue careers in the science, technology, engineering and mathematics fields. This way we can advocate for more robots joining the workforce and performing tasks that may be too dangerous for humans.
What Are Some of the Benefits of Robotics?
There are several benefits of using robotics, including
- Saving businesses thousands of dollars in human labor costs
- Preventing human workers from getting hurt by having robots perform tasks that would be too dangerous for humans to perform
- Improves accuracy in a business by eliminating the possibility of human error
- Robotic automation can remain uninterrupted on a 24/7 basis
- Increased productivity means more potential customer satisfaction
- Increase in the turnaround rate
Where Can I Learn More About Computer Technology?
For more information on Hocking College’s Website and Application Development, contact Website and Applications Development Program Manager, Tasha Penwell, at email@example.com or by phone at 740-753-7181.
For more information on Hocking College’s Cybersecurity and Network Systems Program, contact Cybersecurity and Network Systems Program Manager, Mark Riley at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 740-753-7209.